(a) Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited License
Copyright © 2015-2019 Gateway College. All rights reserved.
- Gateway College owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, in and to this Site, or has acquired the necessary licenses to display the material on the Site.
- As a user of this Site, you are granted a limited license to use (display or print) short extracts of the information for your own personal, non-commercial use only, provided the information is not modified. Any other use of the information is prohibited. None of the information may be otherwise reproduced, republished or re-disseminated in any manner or form without the prior written consent of the Gateway College. To obtain such consent, please contact the faculty, department, or administrative unit responsible for the information in which you are interested.
(b) No Advice or Warranties
- You shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from your use of the Site. The information on the Site is provided for educational or information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, whether medical, legal, or otherwise.
- Gateway College does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timelines of the information on the Site. While efforts are made to verify the information provided, the Site may contain typographical or other errors and should not be assumed to be error free. Furthermore, some information on the Site has been provided by third parties and has not necessarily been verified by the Gateway College.
- Gateway College shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage or any other damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the information available on the Site, including the loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other personal or pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence) or other tortious action.
(c) No Endorsement
- The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as references to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. Parties other than Gateway College independently develop and maintain these other sites. Therefore, Gateway College does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained at such sites. In providing links to other sites, Gateway College is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites.
- A link to another site should not be construed to mean that Gateway College is associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites. In addition, the mention of another party or its product or services on the Site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service.
(d ) Trade Marks
- Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Site may constitute trade marks, service marks or trade names of Gateway College or other entities. The display of any such marks or names on the Site does not imply that Gateway College or other entities have granted a license or authorization of any kind to use such marks or names.
- All information submitted to Gateway College via the Site shall be deemed and remain the property of Gateway College, and Gateway College shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in information provided to Gateway College through the Site or sent through e-mail, unless otherwise agreed to in writing Gateway College. Furthermore, Gateway College shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information submitted to it unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Gateway College.
- The Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet e-mail is vulnerable to interception and forgery. Gateway College will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make to Gateway College through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly Gateway College to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
(f) Access and Interference
- In using the Site, you agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to impose an "unreasonable or disproportionately large load" on Gateway College’s infrastructure. An "unreasonable or disproportionately large load" is one that prevents other members of the College community from gaining fair and equitable access to web-based systems and resources.
(g) Computer Viruses
- While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on the Site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on your computer system. You should pay specific attention to some of the newer viruses that have been written to automatically execute when an infected word processing document is loaded into certain word processing programs.
(h) Choice of Law
- The laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern as to the interpretation, validity and effect of this document, notwithstanding any conflict of laws provisions of your domicile, residence or physical location. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to your use of the Site.