Advanced Medication Delivery
Health Care Assistant Training College in Vancouver, BC
Advanced Medication Delivery Program is designed for care aides who want to get Medication Administration training to work in a variety of settings such as Assisted Living Facilities, Long-term Care Facilities and Home Support Agencies. Learners can learn about medication delivery through participation in this course.
- This program does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review these programs.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Identify the role in assisting with medications.
- Identify guidelines to follow when assisting with medications.
- Summarize how drugs work in the body.
- List the “right” of assisting with medications.
- List the factors that affect drug action.
- Summarize what you would do if you made a medication error.
- List the different forms of medications.
- Outline the main responsibilities when assisting with medications.
- Differentiate between assisting with medications and administering medications.
- Apply the procedures.
20 Hours over 1 week
- Introduction to Medications
- Assisting with Medications
- Oral Medications
- Ear Drops
- Transdermal Discs
- Metered Dose Inhalers
- Rectal Suppositories and Enemas
- Eye Medication (Ointments)
- Topical Medication
- Scope of Practice as HCA
- Purpose of Medication
- Types of Medication
- Drug Action
- Drug Interaction
- Documentation for Medication Administration
- Medication Errors
- 19 years of age prior to the start of the study period or graduation from grade 12 (or equivalent)
Tuition and Other Fees
Non-refundable Application Fee: $30 (Domestic/International)
Tuition: $295 (Domestic)/ $375 (International)
Materials/Supplies: $50, Lab: $20
There is a 50% off on the tuition fees (International Students only)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive an Advanced Medication Delivery Certificate.
Year 2021: T.B.A.
If the program is full at the time you wish to register, please register for the next available start date. In the event of cancellations or transfers, we will move students ahead accordingly. This is done on a first come first serve basis and we cannot hold a seat without a deposit.