COVID-19 Update, January 25, 2021
Please note the following COVID-19 update for January 25, 2021:
PHO Vaccination Rollout Plan
On January 22, 2021, BC’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) provided an update on the province's COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan.
The plan has four phases and is focused first on protecting those most vulnerable to severe illness. Immunization for the general population is scheduled to take place from April to September 2021.
Please visit BC Centre for Disease Control website for more information.
During all phases we are all reminded to continue to:
- Follow Public Health Guidelines including wearing masks, washing your hands, and maintaining social distancing.
- Adhere to province-wide restrictions concerning visitors in private residences and allowable/prohibited events.
- Avoid non-essential travel. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
- Guidelines for BC’s post-secondary sector are hosted on the Ministry’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.