COVID-19 Update - March 30, 2021 - New Province-wide Restrictions in Place Until April 19, 2021
The BC’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) introduced new province-wide restrictions to address rising COVID-19 case counts. These restrictions are in effect until midnight April 19, 2021. Below is a summary.
- All indoor adult group fitness activities are cancelled until April 19 at midnight.
- Gyms and recreation facilities that offer individual workouts and personal training sessions can remain open as long as they have a COVID-19 Safety Plan that is strictly followed.
Religious Gatherings and Worship Services
- The variance allowing indoor religious gatherings and worship services between March 28 and May 13 is suspended.
- Outdoor worship services under the current variance may continue.
Restaurants, Pubs, Bars and Food Courts
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and food courts are closed for indoor dining until April 19 at midnight.
- Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed with continued use of COVID-19 layers of protection and physical distancing.
- NOTE: Dining facilities for student housing and cafeterias serving students, faculty and staff at educational institutions are exempt from the closure order.
Social Gatherings Restrictions
- No indoor social gatherings of any size at private residences is permitted other than between those who reside in the household.
- A person who lives alone may have up to two other people visit if they are people with whom the person regularly interacts.
- Up to 10 people can gather outdoors with continued use of COVID-19 layers of protection such as maintaining physical distancing and mask wearing.
In addition, the PHO strongly recommends:
- Working from home through to April 19, where possible, unless it is essential to be in the workplace.
- Avoiding all non-essential travel. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response.
- COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for BC’s Post-secondary Sector are hosted on government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.