- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age prior to start of the study period, or must be graduated from grade 12. (or equivalent)
- Applicants must provide proof of meeting English language competency requirements. (Please refer to the language proficiency policy.)
- Completion of HCA Competency Assessment by the Nursing Community Assessment Service, with a remedial education referral letter from the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry *
* The standardized PLAR assessment required is the Nursing Community Assessment Service (NCAS) HCA Competency Assessment with a Remedial Education Referral Letter issued by the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
The following are to be completed prior to the first practice education experience:
- Proof of meeting current immunizations / vaccinations as per health care organization policies / guidelines (or signed vaccination exemption form, except TB)
- Criminal record check from the Ministry of Justice, including clearance to work with vulnerable adults *
- First Aid
- CPR Level “C” or “HCP”
- FoodSafe Level 1 (or a course deemed equivalent)
- Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum (PVPC) E-Learning Modules
* Additional Police Certificate from the country of origin, including clearance to work with vulnerable adults, is required for international students.